Minor Infusion: An Answer to a Friend’s Questi

I can’t explain why a song written in a minor key plays to the depths of my soul. It invokes mystery and a journey I feel compelled to take. Where is “Night and Day”, by Cole Porter? I found it wrapped in the embrace of my twin flame, now gone from me.  It still haunts me. That’s the word for it…’haunt’. I am left with residual longing – painful, but urging a winsome smile through memories. It won’t leave me alone. Alone.



 It finds me, that minor key, and will not leave me alone. It closes my eyes in song; taps my heart to love and remember; my body to dance, and my soul to feel the magic only God could create. It witnesses the joys and sorrows and is the reflection of my spirit in songs like Stevie Wonder’s “As”. "Ain't that loving you?!!"(written in a minor key). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYQfWJNWe3I It embraces me, and I cannot help but surrender.

1 comment:

revdale said...

My meditation today was turning my music up really loud and dancing around my apartment like a holy fool!!!

"....well the Love Shack is a little ol place where we can get together..."

dale